Snow days are events that often bring whoops of cheer. “No school!” yell the kids. “No work!” cheer the parents. But then you’re at home and left wondering, “What do we do?”
We compiled a list of snow day activities for the whole family that is sure to satisfy both kids and adults alike.
- Build a snowman! You don’t have to go any further than your front yard, sidewalk or park across the street for this activity. Be sure to bring accessories to make your snowman stand out from the rest. You could even use candy to make it extra colorful and sweet.
- Blow ice bubbles! If the temperature is below 32 degrees, blow bubbles and watch as they freeze on the wand.
- Go sledding or tubing! There’s nothing like racing downhill on a sled or tube. If you have kids that are too young for those fast and steep hills, pull them around the block or the park. They’ll love it, and you’ll warm up quickly from all that hard work.
- Homemade cocoa and cider! After coming in from playing in the snow, warm up with homemade hot cocoa (marshmallows a must!) and warm apple cider.
- Bake cookies! There’s nothing quite like a warm oven with sweet smells wafting out. These will be much needed after spending time out in the snow.
- Movie day! If you’re not quite up to braving the snow, make it a movie snow day. Either treat the family to a theater showing or pick a favorite from your home collection.
If you feel like you have too much to do and can’t enjoy the snow day, learn about Fini Concierge’s Winter Services and how we can help you make the most of your time.